Thursday, March 8, 2007

The sunny days are beautiful.........

But the farmers are already crying for rain, and so are my plants! lol

We have had the workmen here now for three days.  On Monday they took out one tree, topped one and trimmed the rest.  Looks decidely better and safer for wind and fire damage.

Now they are working on the eaves of the house, regrouting the windows, all kinds of repairs that I think haven't been done in 27 years.  When people get elderly and someone doesn't make the decision for them, some projects just don't get done because they are not really noticed.

I said it would take 2 years to pull things together here but I was wrong, more like five I am afraid. So much needs to be done.  The next big project will be landscaping because the yard is so uneven and when the rains come, there are lakes all over the yard.

This is really bothering my mother because she can't see everything the men are doing.........the house just doesn't have that many windows and she won't go outside and look.  Which is probably best, she would probably tell them how to do their job! lol


Peace..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully they are not removing the trees you so tirelessly dug irrigation trenches for ... and inspired me to dig one to my weeping willow. <grin>
Patrick