Tuesday, March 13, 2007

fog fog fog fog fog fog...................

FOG!

It is wonderful!  My foot is hurting..which says I was on it too much yesterday and today is an "off your foot" day.  I had planned to go get an xray but with the fog and promise of possible rain I will put it off another day..........and can get the car washed at the same time.

I think mother was disappointed that we didn't "do" something yesterday.  She went into a long explanation that she was 89 and would soon be 90.  I told her not to rush it because I had a birthday the same month! LOL   Then she said we didn't go to church because it was cold and rainy........OK!  Why didn't she say let's run away for a while!  Not that I could have understood.

I actually finished painting the yellow lines in the garage, swept the garage and did away with some "stuff" that I do on a regular basis.  This is the only way you can keep a two car garage big enough for two cars!

I moved some boxes in the barn to a storage room and looked in a box of stuff I bought sometime back.  It is full of lovely flowers that we can use for memorial day.  I told a relative yesterday not to "buy" till we went through the box and then the box would be empty or in a smaller box..........I am into moving stuff out as soon as possible.

 Mother found some things she though would be good to give away.........yiippiiiipppiiiii....thought that would never happen.  Need to contact an Angel's Closet.

We started spring cleaning.......or at least I did. The living room is panelled and that is something that needs to be cleaned often.  What I want to know is how dust gets into rooms that are never opened?  I dust, clean mirrors, and vacumn on a regular basis.  And it always needs to be done.   Perhaps after the windows were regrouted, this problem will not exist? 

 My husband has just told me the culprit is the heating and cooling system.  Airvents  have plenty of dust!  Now why didn't I think of that!

It is almost 9...we were all up at 4, Mother said she wentto bed hungry!  I told her she should never do that.......just tell me.  But I didn't offer her dessert last night and I think that might have been the problem.  We had company just about the end of the evening meal and things were not quite as usual.   Mother loves dessert!  Well, at 4:30 I fixed scrambled eggs and toast for a sandwich and she ate it and we all went back to bed...........now what do we do for brunch? LOL

Cool, damp, Peace at Marigold Country Home! 

 ( I haven't seen one marigold yet but lots of 4 O'clocks  are coming up like grass!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even with a bad foot you're a whirlwind :) hope it behaves and stops hurting.  I think Jacks right about the dust, the wind can carry it so easily.  Your Mum is a wonderful age. Rache