Friday, March 23, 2007

Medical practiice at its best..personalized

The lovely part of a small town medical clinic..........The personal call from your primary physician at the end of Friday.  The doctor just called and said he had tried to talk to an orthopedic surgeon about my foot all week, finally gave up and tried another. 

This doctor and my doctor discussed my foot, the doctor's exam, the xrays, and etc.  The surgeon said 20% displacement was not a big problem as long as the foot was not deformed.   So wear the "comfortable" shoe for another 6 or 8 weeks and see what happens.  So my doctor and I agreed to go have another xray in a month and see how it looks..........

So, now I can relax for a while.   My step-daughter was ready to come take care of her dad if I had to enter the hospital for the surgery.  So it will be closer to Father's Day if we have to take that route... and better for her and her dad.   That also gives me time to get the home care in place for Mother.  She has good insurance that should provide respite, companship, and other kinds of care.   So we move along.

Peace...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed all's ok.  Rache