Wednesday, March 21, 2007

SMALL TOWN LUXURIES..........

Yesterday I received a phone call in the early morning.  A neighbor had left a bouquet of fresh spring flowers on my car windshield.  I had put a note on the door "do not disturb, bad pain day".   She said she had sent her elves to work in my yard.

Earlier in the week I had mentioned that I need to finish the raking of the pecans and stuff in the yard to be ready to mow later.  Well the elves did a great job, put everything in black bags for the trash and put the bags in the proper place.  Now these elves are 4th graders.  They worked unsupervised and completed the job in short order.   I had gone out and given them black bags and envelopes with money for their labors.

The mom who sent the elves came over last night.  I had called and left word that I was pleased with the job the elves had done and thanked her for remembering I needed that job done.  She had to tell me what they did with the $$ and their shopping trip.

This is spring break for the kids, so when they were finished the mom took them to town because she was taking boxes of clothes to goodwill.  They decided to pool their money and buy circular saw blades because they were building a club house and were wearing out saw blades.  They  had just enough with some they had saved to buy a package of several blades.  The sales woman was impressed with the boys and thier purchase, what they were going to do with the blades and how they had earned the $$ to buy them.   I was impressed that they didn't go buy junk  right away but discussed what they needed and then set out to purchase their saw blades.

How nice to have neighbors who help..........Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww what a thoughtful thing for your neighbour to do.  The elves are wonderful as well.  I'd have had a beam from ear to ear. Rache

Anonymous said...

Be careful, the IRS might scan journals and soon elves all over Oklahoma will be rounded up for income tax evasion. <grin> ... You should start selling a custom line of "do not disturb" door hangers. I loved that idea.
Patrick