Sunday, March 11, 2007

And then there was rain!

A wonderful thunderstorm last night and then there was  rain!  Which means I don't have to water quite so much, and that I love.

Our week has been so hectic with the tree trimming and house repairs.  Changing the clocks last night was the straw that broke the camel's back or the straw that totally confused Mother.  She remembered that I said we had to change the clocks but when we did she just could not cope with the clocks saying one thing and the time being something else until morning..........and even being the retired teacher that I am..........just could not explain well enough to make her happy with her clock!

The offending clock is on the kitchen table this morning so I don't know if she abandoned it, put it out for the trash, or just put the thing where it would be right in the morning!   Who knows!

We all had an outting to Sam's Club yesterday and I took one of the electric riding carts and had a ball.  When we were finished my foot wasn't hurting, and I wasn't exhausted from running back and forth to check on Mother and take her tasting samples(which we always do).   She did really well and enjoyed watching people and being out of the house.

And so there was wet Peace at Marigold Country Home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny about the daylight savings time and your Mom. I too set the clocks all ahead earlier before bed. Setting Patti's her reaction was "Who cares, I just want to go to bed!" ... on the other hand our daughter home from college on spring break was temporarily baffled by the time warp. <grin> Time is obviously in the eye of the beholder.
Patrick    

Anonymous said...

We don't change ours yet but I always look at the clock and think what time it would really be :)......I can see your Mums quandry.

Well done on taking the scooter :) Rache

Anonymous said...

Hope your mom is adjusting to the time change! I know I haven't!
Shadie