Thursday, March 29, 2007

I can almost walk on water............

Mother's car would not start because the battery was down.    She has a fairly new battery but probably has a short which is draining the battery between drives.

Well, I set up the battery charger and attached the "red" to the red and the "black" to the black and did the recharging deed!

The car runs and I have driven it three times in the last two days.....<smiles>

Of course I am not allowed to take the car to have it serviced..........or to have it checked..........or whatever...........because I do not walk on water and a friend of the family promised my stepfather that he would take care of the car.......forever I guess!

Well, now I kinda sorta walk on damp dirt I guess instead of water but I can charge a battery! LOL

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as long as you DO NOT stand on either 'damp dirt' or 'water' when charging a battery. <grin>
Patrick    

Anonymous said...

I think you did brilliantly and guessed the problem right too.  It does sound like the battery is not re-charging itself as it is being used. Pity we can't re-charge ourselves with a booster :)Rache