Monday, March 26, 2007

Entertainment at its finest!

Some days I am so frustrated with challenges that I over look the obvious.

Mother's first thing of the day is the paper and coffee.  That fits most of us.  But for her it is the obituaries and I find that so morbid but she is losing so many of her friends.  The next thing is the weather and that doesn't change much but she likes to see the promise of rain.

She will always be a farmer and rain and the lack of rain is the the constant topic of discussion.  Jack said it has to be the topic of discussion because nothing else happens here. LOL  You always have the weather with you.

Anyway after doing the obits., the weather, and looking at the puzzle because solving the  daily word puzzle is an all day thing (Jumble- a scrambled word game).  I have started looking at the classifieds telling Mother that I am looking for her a job..... we pick out everything from plumber( which she wishes she could do) to truck driver and she says she sure can't do that one!  I suggested bartender and she said she could pour "whiskey". LOL but it has become a newspaper game with us.

How else do you "entertain" someone who can't see, she can't tell the cats from the dogs sometimes, and can't hear the radio or tv, but has no problem wth music, I tried reading to her but it becomes so difficult to make her understand and is so hard on my throat and voice for any length of time.

I did get her some beggin strips to feed the little dog who comes here to beg.  She feels he is starving because she can't see his little fat tummy.  But he wags his tail and tilts his head just so and she knows he loves her.   She is a real push over with the animals......as is the rest of the family!  When all else fails she goes to the patio to see if there are any animals there to talk to.......sometimes there are one or two.... usually not any except at chow time.

Hee Hee ......there is an 80% chance of rain today........now see I am doing it!

Peace at Marigold Country Home!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand the visual challenge of entertaining someone. Audio books worked for a while for Patti until attention span began to interfere. Frankly anymore it takes me as translator and describer of the immediate world. Depending on how hi tech you want to become, I have a lot of success with transferring pics especially OLD photos to DVD and then showing on a large screen TV. Patti can suddenly "see" them and begin to talk about them or share memories or stories.
Patrick