Friday, April 4, 2008

Is it Friday already?

Is it Friday already?  Where did this week go and was I here or some place else? LOL Sometimes I try to remember just which day something happened and I find the days run together!

A friend brought a lot of Ensure from the base where she shops, and that was a great help!  I seem to find fewer opportunities to just run and grab some groceries.  If it was not for Schwan's we might starve!  Now that is really a joke!  But the Schwan's dinners for two really come in handy.

I want you men out there to know that we females have weapons that you could never use!  One of Jack's medications is so controlled that I have to drive an hour to the doctor's office and an hour back just to get the prescription.  Only those who have special identificaton and signatures (me) can even pick up the prescription!  Well, the prescription ran out on the 31st of March.  I called in the request on the 28th so I could pick up the prescription this week! 

It has been one of those weeks, so I called in today when I saw that circumstances was going to prevent my going this afternoon and asked if it could be faxed to a pharmacy as they had done before  the change in policy.  No, the doctor was not there to approve such a thing..... That I should have called in sooner possibly the day before.  I said Ok, guess Jack could go without that pain med for a few more days... and I cried!  I just received a call back....doctor has approved the fax this month only!

Isn't it interesting how easily they could find the doctor? 

Mom has another new nurse for weekly visits.  This one seemed to know some options that we had not tried yet.  Like a day care in the town where we see doctors, shop, and enjoy eating out when we had help.  So again I have high hopes. 

A neighbor brought me two pots of iris to set out.  She didn't remember what color they were so will be a lovely surprise.  I reset a lot of iris last week and she laughed and said one day I would regret having so many because they spread so quickly!  Marigolds, iris, 4 o'clocks, and tall English hollyhocks, some mums, Easter lilies, and larkspur, and what else can I find! LOL 

Physical therapist for Mom is here, she isn't always cooperative because the exercise makes her tired but it is soooooooooo good for her.  Now, one more person is expected......Jack's nurse who comes rather late.....and then another week is finished!  We are at the mercy of these medicare paid people.  We don't want to lose them and they set their own schedules mostly.  This is why it is so difficult to set our schedules.

 Peace from Marigold Country Home!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes juggling life around respite care can be maddening. You want to believe it should be the other way around.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://journals.aol.com/daddyleer/CaregivinglyYours/

Anonymous said...

you amaze me:)

Deb