Saturday, April 5, 2008

A true test of my coping skills.........

It is Saturday.  It will be a fun day for all.  I have said it and I mean it!  Did you ever tell your kids that they would go somewhere and they would have a good time or else?

It is a Sam's Club day.   If I am lucky there will be a place for Mom to sit and wait while Jack and I shop till we drop..........or at least till I drop because Jack has his power chair!  If it isn't too hot Mom can sit in the van if she prefers.  Anyway it will be a great day.

Why is it that when one is responsible for almost all actions and all decisions that  the sky usually falls?  Thursday the key and mechanism locked while in a neighboring town.  With some assistance we were able to unjam the key and the car started fine.  Yesterday, the key did the same thing and I was unable to start the car.  A neighbor came over and unjamed the system and said the mechanism was so worn that it would happen again and what to do.  I said can you fix it? Oh yes, and would if I got the part.  I only paniced a little.  I am getting better at this.  Jack laughed at me, we have two vehicles.  Sometimes I forget that a car and a spare car is always nice! LOL  The one I drive most of the time is my Mom's 16 year old Crown Victoria with about 70000 miles on it.  It is the offending vehicle.

Our van is an enter van.  We could not function without that.  However, we are looking into public transportation.  Locally there are enter vans that carry patients to doctors or other appointments.  Another neighbor drives for this company.  In an emergency this would be helpful.

I guess today started at 4am since that is the time I got up.........so Peace from Marigold Country Home and a  medicinal chocolate kiss to all of you!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i do hope you had a good day:)

Deb