Sunday, April 20, 2008

The day in beautiful flowers........

There is nothing like taking a walk around the yard and looking at the flowers coming up and the ones already in bloom.  I am always amazed at the growing and the reoccurring of flowers from last year.  

Marigolds are coming up everywhere almost.  I just pull up the plants and drop them in the flower beds, cover them with mulch of all kinds and hope for the next year.  I have used horse manure, pecan shells, egg shells, coffee grounds, commercial mulch and the leaves from the trees.

A neighbor boy (5th grader) is raking my yard and I am going to use that as mulch this summer since it promises to be hot and water is at a premium out here on the dry Oklahoma Prairie.  Last year was a very wet summer but this ones promises to be less so.   He is interested in science and I want him to try some things to keep the bugs and animals from wandering through the flower beds.  I don't think we can do too much to keep the four legged, furry, felines from ferocious fun among the flowers but I will try some things.  Maybe he will have some ideas, too.  Sounds like a Science Fair Project to me.

Mom had an all nighter again last night.  I can't seem to get her in bed.   So I finally gave up last night. She was exhausted this morning, weak, hardly able to wobble to the table.  She didn't want her biscuits and gravy, one of her favorite foods.  So we will stay home from Church this morning and get some rest.

Jack is doing ok,  getting lots of "cat" naps in, the cats are fed and out in the cool, cloudy, morning playing all over the yard.  Time for me to shut down and take a rest.

Peace from Marigold Country Home.

 

 

 

No comments: