Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What an exciting morning.......apart from all the usual things I made a quick run to a vet.

We have some new feline babies and I kept noticing something strange that I had not seen before.  Three of the kittens were attached together.  One had already expired but the other two seemed to be alive.  I just could not stand to watch this so I told Momma kitty I would bring them back.........I didn't know but had to try something.  After several attempts I was able to remove the three from the others (three I thought) wrapped them in a towel and went looking for a vet.  After several stops and lots of questions I found someone who knew where. 

When I went in the wife of the vet looked  at  my face and said what is wrong?  I told her I had three kittens attached and she shook her head...no.  But she said she would take them to her husband.  She brought me back two and the vet was behind her saying they were really cold to get them warm as quickly as possible.  

The heater on my van is really great but I almost melted! LOL  The microwave warmed a towel, and the heater quickly gave them some warmth and I took them back to Mommie who fed them and tucked them in with the others......I went back and counted and still had 6.......had missed one I guess.  I don't think but one will make it but we tried.

The vet's bill?  Just a smile and keep them warm and fed.  Bless him!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue, you already are caregiver extraordinaire but this story moves you toward larger than life status!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://journals.aol.com/daddyleer/CaregivinglyYours/

http://lairofcachalot.blogspot.com/