Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yesterday Mother and I went to the cemetery to put out some flowers.  I found the saddle arrangement on my father's grave just as I left it last year.  I couldn't understand why the  the faded flowers had been left since they clean them off regularily..........well, on close inspection I found a bird's nest.  Workers with a heart had left the young mother and her eggs in peace.  I left the arrangement alone as well.

We also, had a first of the new kittens arrive for breakfast.   I held the little tyke, Jack cuddled it for a while, and Mother had a chance to pet the new one also.  Mama Kitty took the youngster home with some cross words and she didn't bring her offspring back.   Maybe we enjoyed him/her too much! LOL

On Friday, Mother and I took a load of clothing and linens to Angel's Attic, they were open again on Saturday.  We washed quilts and blankets and hung them out in the clouds.  Even the clouds are better than the dryer.  Flopping in the breeze gives them such a good smell.

Today we planned to go to local Military Cemetery where my step-father is buried.  Rain is forcast so that may slow us down. 

Have a pleasant weekend.  Travelers be careful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Aww I think it lovely there's a family in the arrangement.  It's very easy to get attached to little animals, they sound cute. Rache

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and pleasant Memorial Day Weekend.
Patrick