Friday, May 18, 2007

WHEN IT RAINS.............

You just can't believe this!

  I announced to Mother that Jack and I would be going to Walmart to shop today.  Walmart is about 35 miles away and a half-day activity. 

The nurse yesterday had told her to drink a cup of water every hour and to put her feet up.  So I thought she would be busy drinking and relaxing.  She did the dishes, swept, and did a number of things as well as putting her feet up.   I was so pleased with all she did and she was so much help.  And she seemed unusually happy.

This was a pleasant surprise since on the way home, Jack strapped in the back of the entervan in his power chair, gave a yelp....and I asked what was wrong.  The back of his power chair just fell off.   With the back was the arms as well.  He held on for the 35 mile ride.  With his walker he walked out of the van.   I unloaded the perishables and called our Home Health Products Store just 10 minutes away.  Away I went.  The manager said it needed screws and looked like everything else was alright.

I could have hugged him when he said they would deliver it later today.  I looked at him funny I guess and he said a man in a nearby town had the back fall off his power chair and he fell out.  It was being repaired and they would deliver ours when they delivered his.   Big Smile!!

I am taking the rest of the day OFF!

 

No comments: