Friday, May 18, 2007

AN INTERESTING SURPRISE

At about 5:30 last evening I received a call from a Health Service Agency and the evaluator wanted to come by and talk to mother.  I told her mother did not talk on the phone because of her hearing and how could I help.  She would like to come by because she was only a few miles away.

Because of the time of day and the kind of day it had been............I said Mother went to bed between 6 and 7 and she would just have to take us as we were.  She was very gracious and came by and stayed about an hour and a half.  She talked only to mother asking questions, checking her wound on her leg, etc.  

This was the agency that was supposed to give Jack and I  time together, opportunity to go shopping or take care of medical visits for Jack or myself.  So far they have said Mother is teachable and they would start a risk awareness program with her, send a aide to help her bathe, shampoo her hair, give her a massage, and work on her grooming as well as her good health.  We will see how this goes.

update later, smiles!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a godsend such help could be. ... and I so totally understand, "we will wait and see ..." <grin>
Patrick      

Anonymous said...

 Sounds wonderful.  Hope it all works out as they say.

                   Julie

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:)

Deb