Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Clouds/Rain/ Sunshine

Taking my daughter to the plane this morning brought on rain showers and tears as well.   We are very close and she made me leave the airport as soon as she was ready to board.  The last time I waited till the plane took off and she and I stood and cried through double glass, unable to touch, hug, and even hear each other. 

She said this was a special 4 days.  She had her own room naturally, her own bath, her own television, and her own big chair to stretch out on.  She had fun in the kitchen and fed everyone her specialties, and entertained her grandmother with stories, and grandmother gave her a few history lessons as well.

When I washed the sheets, made the bed, emptied the wastebaskets, and did general straightening up I thought not of how much I would miss her but was looking forward to her next visit.  I hope one day soon she will call and say meet me at the airport, I just decided to come for the long weekend again, and I will be off to scan the skies and get to the airport.

This was truly a very special Mother's Day.  One thing that my daughter said that impressed her was that on Sunday morning.....three generations sat together and sang our hearts out representing  a line of strong women who believed in God and in themselves.

Marigold Country Home sends special blessings and wishes for a lovely week.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb