Friday, April 27, 2007

FIVE DAYS OF CHANGES.....................

On Monday afternoon Mother injured her leg.  Because of the great loss of blood we called 911.  After bandaging I took her to the emergency room.

The experience was not totally satisfactory so called her BRAND NEW PRIMARY PHYSICIAN and he said call an ambulance or drive her to the Altus Emergency immediately.  He said he wanted them to check blood levels because she was 'too small' to lose that much blood! 

What woman wouldn't love a doctor who tells her she is 'too small'! Hee hee.  The experience at Altus was very good and we felt that her leg could properly heal.  We were to contact her primary physican in   3 to 5 days.  We saw him this morning and he told her she was doing fine and asked me to call him in a week and let him know how she was.

Also, he told me my foot is healing nicely and I could wear a regular shoe.  I said fine.  He said do you have a tight shoe?   I said sure one just like this and my other pair is almost the same.....he looked at me and said "How many pairs of shoes do you have?"  I said, "Two, why?" 

He said I see you as a very sophisticated woman and has a closet full of shoes to match everything.  I told him I had moved from California... he said how many did you have there, and I said probably7 maybe more.  But I said my husband and I had traveled lightly for years and my wardrobe mixed and matched the two or three pair of shoes that I had and I only traveled usually with two pairs of shoes.   

Isn't this funny conversation to have with your doctor...... and the number of shoes you have rates your sophistication? 

He confessed he only had about two or three pairs of shoes.   I told him I could only wear one pair at a time and never felt the need for more for a good many years.................

I have been working every afternoon at my aunt's house trying to get it cleaned out for the new owner who are arriving with furniture today.   They have already filled the garage which I got cleaned out before the 13th....doing this by myself is really a big job but I expect Iwill get it done eventually.  The new owners are not going to live in it just use it for storage until their new home is finished.

The pressure is on......and I am tired but foot is better and that makes me HAPPY.  And mother is sleeping in her own room again.  She was afraid her leg would bleed through again and she slept in one of the lift chairs in our room.  We have three and even my daughter  asked to sleep in there over the holidays. 

Peace maybe here at Marigold Country Home!

 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This physician gets better with every entry.What an asset.
Patrick    

Anonymous said...

Pleased your Mum is healing and that you now have two matching shoes on :)

Your Doctor is wonderful.......never let him go. Rache

Anonymous said...

So relieved that your mom is going to be okay! Congrats on the matching shoes.
Shadie