Monday, April 2, 2007

We heard this week about an older lady whose house burned and she had to be air-lifted to Oklahoma City to a burn center because of her injuries.

I think this might have really scared Mother because last night she stuck out her arm and said she was ready for her blood test?   I had told her if she would go to the doctor, he would take her blood PRESSURE  and listen to her heart and then he could recommend someone to stay with her while I went shopping,etc.   I didn't think the examination would be very intrusive. 

We have been trying to get her to this point for over a year.  Her agent said after 90 days  of prepscribed care by a doctor then she could go on life time home care.  This would be good for all of us.  And I could do some things and not worry about her.   Jack and I have not gone anywhere together in so long.  She doesn't like to go out to eat or to do so many things that it does hamper our enjoyment of an outting.

I hope this is the first step in making her days a little more interesting also.  

It is supposed to be 86 degrees today.  Off goes the heater and on goes the air conditioner!

Expect plumber today to see about preventive maintenance to outside  water lines to the house.  Then the landscapers will probably be here this week to work on the yard.  After that I think we can settle down to a quiet existance! LOL

 

 

No comments: