Friday, December 1, 2006

Sunshine and Sadness..............

The wayward felines have not all checked in and I am afraid the frigid temperatures (9 degrees) or the dog packs have not done well by these creatures.

The barn doors were frozen shut and it took two buckets of hot water to get the doors open where four cats are renting box space! lol Their water was frozen with a thick slab of ice.  Despite some more residential  snow four little faces watched to see what was for breakfast!  Wonder if there is a law saying I have to provide better accomodations!  Or keep better repairs on this place.  I can guarantee there are no mice.

This year we have lost a small smoky grey kitten, Hisser cat with the bad leg(the grey kitten was hers too). We lost small yellow kitten and a big yellow kitten.  That's four, but after this week we are missing: Momma Kitty, Big Blue Fuzzy, Sassy, and Baby Black.  Already I miss them.  None of these cats were ours!  They just came to be loved and fed. 

 I went to the city hall and complained about the packs of dogs roaming the town.  It seems we have a leash law that no one observes.  Others  are equally disturbed.

We have talked about fencing this yard but it is so large and doesn't lend itself to fencing.  Why should I have to fence the dogs out--the law, if inforced would take care of the problem. 

 The kids are almost as bad as the dogs! LOL I have had to ask them not to ride their bikes in our yard.  I  know it looks like a park and is as big as a park, but it isn't a public park and I don't wish to take out insurance that covers a public play park. Mother does not recognize the children and panics that someone is out there in the yard!  They cut though a lot and they forget that I have  asked them not to cut through, I can over look that situation but riding their bikes just for fun in the "park" won't work with me. 

The have already bent the steel bars that mother had put up to prevent the cars from driving through our yard (they thought it would be more convenient to just drive across the yard), with the bars bent just so they can ride their bikes through without  bending over very far or getting off their bikes.  That  I fixed and am fixing more permanently.  But the dogs are a real dirty mess to clean up after!

Not much peace here today! LOL

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the little cats, you really have cold cold weather.  Jack sounds snuggly in his new fleece.  Packs of dogs would worry me too, I'd be the same as your Mum, very nervous. Rache