Saturday, December 16, 2006

Now who is lucky?

Today this little burg had a bit of holiday festivities!

A bit consisted of a visit by Santa and goodie bags for the children.

Drawing for hams and turkeys for the adults.  Only 10 names would be drawn and the people had to be present to win. 

Now who is lucky?  My mother was the first name drawn! LOL  We had talked this all week and mother was really excited about going.  We had said if she won to ask for a ham since we already  had a turkey and we don't care much for ham!  Not liking ham much we could share it and it is difficult to chop off a bit of a frozen turkey.  So she took a ham and when the drawing was over and all the turkeys and hams were gone.  I asked a neighbor if they ate ham and she said oh yes, so I took them 2/3 of the ham.  That leaves us plenty for cooking in beans and making a ham sandwich or so. 

My daughter said, "We don't like ham?"  I said that isn't important, we can eat ham when we go out and not have much but it is salty and pork and not the best for the guys at this house.  She said, " Oh ok, we don't care much for ham!" LOL

Tonight mom asked for a ham sandwich,(she really doesn't care for ham) and I had to tell her I had put the ham in the freezer.  So a scrambled egg had to do............aren't I a meany.

Washed windows late today, just one of those things that needed to be done.  Earlier I had stripped my daughter's bed and washed the sheets so they would be fresh and smell of the great outdoors.  She and I was talking about the smell of fresh laundry and you just can't reproduce the delightful scent of the sheets from the openair.  Laundry detergents and dryer items have tried!

Tomorrow is our last warm day and then the cold weather hits again and perhaps a shower or two.

Peace reigns in Marigold Country Home.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE holiday festivals! 60+ degrees hear in Cumberland County Pennsylvania! Christmas in "Spring" has advantages. <grin>
Patrick