Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oklahoma Cowboy!

In a letter to friends I mentioned that I had purchased several flannel shirts for Jack. 

 We are not for big coats since we are from the westcoast where it doesn't usually get too cold.  So Jack found that he needed a light pull over last winter.

  I order a big flannel shirt  this fall to see what it would be like and He liked it!  To dress to go somewhere Jack just slips a  big shirt over what he is wearing and is ready to go...We also got him a lined flannel hoodie, but I have the feeling we might have to go to something warmer for outerwear. 

We will see.  He has been wearing his flannel all day, furnaces come and go but that toasty shirt keeps the body happy.  Now the biggie is that Jack has never had something so casual as flannel shirts. 

 So this Oklahoma move is really a cultural change.. I quickly went to denim and loved the ease of dress here, it has been slower for Jack.  He wore those ties and shirts too long.

It did snow all day.  Tonight the wind is blowing and we have drifting and I may have to move some snow to get the garage door to open.  

  Mother gave me a pair of boots last winter and I used them today to trudge around the place looking for cats and feeding barn cats.  Most cats checked in today and ate and had their usual affection.  A couple I snuggled up in my great coat and brought in for Jack to scratch their ears.

It will be interesting to see how the night and tomorrow progresses.  The news bespoke of our bad weather so we will see how high the snow stacks.  It was drifting up to the windows tonight on the south side of the house.   Now when the wind and snow is from the North, that seemed strange to me!

Anyway, warmth and  peace reigns at Marigold Country Home tonight!

No comments: