Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Love this winter weather!

All my bad habits I learned from my Mother! LOL

Like not dressing right for cold weather!

She and I just had to go out in the yard and do stuff. She picked up twigs and limbs from the storm and put in a barrel that she uses for that and I did the flower beds.  But both of us went out without head coverings.  Now that is usual for me but the cold wind was blowing and my mother didn't have anything on her head! She got cold in a hurry!

I pulled out all the dead Marigold plants and used them as mulch in all the other flower beds.  They were covered with seed pods and will reseed the other flower beds I am hoping.  I used bricks and rocks artfully placed (lol) to hold down the dead plants.  I clipped off the hollyhocks and let them become mulch also.  Now a few leaves to cover the whole thing and winter can arrive anytime!

Well, the wind is cold and the cats are all fed and back to the places where they spend their days.  I am thinking about Christmas shopping.  This is done at the bank and with a check book!  I go shopping and then put the stamps on and be glad I don't have to worry about sizes or gift wrapping.

We did put wreaths in the windows.  That is about my limit.  Don't talk about trees.

Marygold Country Home is warm, cluttered, cosy, and comfortable.  PEACE!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're going to have a lovely show next year in that area with all those seeds.  I can't wear a hat, a hood yes, so I'd probably like your muffler, less restricting. Why should we not mention trees?.....are u having a grrr with them :) Rache