Thursday, October 30, 2008

still a caregiver

I am still a caregiver! Now there is one and not two. Caregiving included going daily to the care facility to visit and check on my mom. Since she is gone (it has been 2 weeks now) I have Jack to give all of my attention to.

The girls are all gone home.....the notes are almost all written.....some notices keep coming of donations given in Mom's memory. There are some dishes to return still. The house is almost back to normal. Whatever normal is or was it yet to be determined.

But for the first time in three years I am sick. Have sinus infection or allergies or something and it has really socked me right between the eyes with all the symptoms of sinus. The worst being a headache.

Friends bless them are still coming by........today someone found a picture that THEY thought belonged on the wall above my buffet in the dining room. She bought this at a garage sale and cleaned it and hung it...........how do I tell her this won't work? ha ha Another came by and brought something from the nursing home where Mom was.........a blanket that I looked for so Mom would be warm.....now I guess I have to deal with this.

Grief has stages........not sure which stage I am in.........not had time to grieve, denying grief, maybe delayed grief, but when it comes I am sure I will recognise it. At the moment peace reigns.


1 comment:

Sage Ravenwood said...

That part of you being a caregiver I believe will always be with you. You don't give of yourself like that and suddenly stop caring. I continue to keep you in my prayers on the smoke dear friend during this sorrowful time. Time is a healing balm...Once everything is done the thank you's written, the dishes returned, hopefully calm will settle in for you. Your in my thoughts. (Hugs)Indigo