Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spirit of the home...........

I have tried to bring a new spirit to this house. I wanted Marigold Country Home to be a house of hospitality. I wanted friends to feel free to drop in for coffee and to sit awhile for a chat.

The neighbor who cleans for us and helps me so much is also a dear friend. I told her while we were cleaning yesterday that I wanted the house to say welcome to my daughter in such a way she would not want to leave. The friend said that already was the situation and we laughed at the absurd idea that my daughter could just "decide" to stay. The friend that said something that touched my heart. She said, "This house feels like home to me, I like to come here because I feel happy and welcome."

Of course the fact that the house smelled like the "Dump Cake" that was in the oven and the coffee pot had just finished brewing didn't take away from the feeling of warmth and welcome. Did we sample the cake? Are you kidding? And at the end of the day had I given all of it away except one piece for Jack? You bet! Maybe Charles who had a sample and a cup of coffee and took away some for his family enjoyed it also. Oh, and the pastor had a container of cake for "laters". AND THIS MEANS I NEED TO FIND SOMETHING TO SMELL UP THE HOUSE AGAIN TODAY AND TOMORROW AS WELL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing quite says "welcome" like baking in the oven!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/
http://lairofcachalot.blogspot.com/