Monday, October 20, 2008

A woman can change her mind............

I didn't think I would feel like writing but I have been so overwhelmed with the love and kindness of my neighbors and friends I must say something.

All of this is really new to me and I had difficulty trying to think when making plans but interesting things have happened.....when I could not think of pallbearers, friends suggested someone Mom really thought a lot of.... I am fairly new to the area and didnt know these people.

When I worried about trying to have something in the house because the girls would be here and I didn't want to think about cooking.........it was needless because friends began to bring in food to eat....hot or cold....some that would keep till after the funeral and the days of doing business, things that would really tempt the appetite that had been skittish of late, thoughtful things and delicious desserts.

The pastor came over Sunday to help finalize plans, had a bit of lunch, and was there when we went to the airport to pick up Jack's daughter. She was still there when we returned; I finally figured out the WHY, so none of the family would be alone. Such thoughtfulness still is beyond the words of thank you.

Of course there are the drop in visits and kind words, the hugs, and the sincere actions that show such caring. Then there was the lady that my daughter told that we would love to have her come by the next day because everyone was so tired......she waited till late in the evening when it was convenient for her and knocked on the door...smiles....was she getting even for not being allowed in to see Mom the day she died? Who can say?

Peace reigns right now because I am the only one up... smiles!



2 comments:

Bea said...

Hi Sarahsue... I found a link to yours from Patrick's (Daddyleer). I am so sorry about your loss.. I browsed awhile to find out how you had been dealing with your mother's decline, and came away feeling that you were there all the way, and took good care of your mother. I know you are glad that she isn't in pain any longer. May you find peace in your life without her there to care for, but with the memories and knowledge that in the end, you did care for her. Your daughter must love you for this.

Dad said...

growinI am glad to find your blog. I will keep reading.
DAD