Monday, November 5, 2007

IS THERE ANYTHING SIMPLE IN LIFE?

At 1:30 this morning I was awakened by my mother as she walked in and settled down in our room!

I asked her what was the matter, she said nothing, she was fine!  I told her she had to be  quiet in our room because we were trying to sleep....after several trys I got her to settle down!   This lady was completely dressed, shoes, hose, everything!

I tried to go back to sleep and made very little progress!  Finally just before 4 I got up fed the cat population of this city and fed Mom a pancake!  Jack and I had toast and he had meds and we started the day.  This was bath day so we got it over early and Jack was able to go back to sleep.  I tried again but we had to be at the doctor's office before 8:30 to get our flu shots.

We made it and the nurse came out and gave us the shots in the car.........."drive by shooting" they called it! LOL

I was going to take us all out for the day but Jack said no I needed the rest and Mother was nodding off every few moments.........so we are at home and resting.

The weather is already turning......the temps dropping and perhaps a freeze tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear, You sound like you may be superhuman!!  I know you have to be older because in a way I feel like I have been you.  My husband had heart surgery 4 and a half years ago.  He is 71 and I will be 78 the 16th of this month.  So far my health is doing ok, I think.  I try not to think about any aches or pains.  There were 10 of us all together with mom and dad.  I am the only one still alive.  I had 5 children, my oldest is deceased.  He died  of complications of Multiple Sclerosis at age 42.  I just wanted you to know you are not alone.  Lucille4364

Anonymous said...

you amaze me:) try and rest tonight

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sue, YOU are inspirational!
Patrick

Anonymous said...

When I wrote that comment I had no idea that everyone was up there in years.  If possible pace yourself as much as you can.  At one time I was a respite care giver.  I hope you have some one.  You mentioned a daughter.  That is good that she takes over once in a while.  My son who died at age 42 of Complications of Multiple Sclerosis had a care giver.  He insisted on living alone in his handicap apt.  One of the young men that worked in the nursing home he had to stay in until things, like a care giver, help from Social Services and so forth could kick in, finally came to live with Alan and be his caregiver.  By that time we needed someone strong.  I worked and the minute I would get off work, I wouild go to his apt.  At times I would spend the night.  He could help me a little in the morning while there was still a little strength and I could transfer him from bed to wheel chair.  I could usually get him from wheel chair back to the bed if it was before one or two.  So many memories.  Sorry I got carried away.  This is all about you.  I truly admire you so very much because I know how hard it can be.

Anonymous said...

Good morning =)
I found you through Lucille's journal...hope you don't mind... I have your journal on alerts now and will be back often... I really admire you , you give it your all to make sure your mother and husband are cared for...truely an inspiration!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

http://journals.aol.com/chevyz71gurl74/Youthinkyouknowbutyouhavenoidea

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I do hope things are staying the same for you and not any worse.  You know my dear wonderfully kind hearted lady that you must not allow yourself to get burned out,  I know you love them and I know you need them just as you need them, but get your daughter or look into respite care for them so you can maybe go shopping or for lunch with your daughter.  Look into social services for a good respite care worker.  You remind me of the energizer bunny.  Getting away for an hour or so is good for you and also them.  The very best of luck on your future.

Lucille 4364