Tuesday, October 30, 2007

HOPE.........I must rely on others to do what they say.  And HOPE it is in our best interest!

A nurse came yesterday to do an assessment for MOM.  She has paid  huge bills to Lifetime Home Care Insurance and now we will see if we can get some benefits from that insurance.

We were all so tired last night.  Guess the stress of waiting and anticipating is really disabling in some sense.  Mother thought the questions silly and certainly not applicable to her and she was ready for the nurse to leave!  I told her she did great.....she wasn't supposed to know everything and the less she knew the better it was......she laughed and said well it must be good then!

Jack is having some bad days and nights, too.  The trouble is he is letting me sleep and I don't know all that is troubling him.

Sometimes the best part of the day is the walk around the house, carrying a cuddly kitten and looking at the flowers and ignoring the weeds.

Picking up pecans is something I don't like doing but have been picking up a few every day.  Jack is helping shell and we make a real mess on the carpet, glad new carpet is in the future.  The crop is being handled by black crows and me.   I seem to be losing my part of the crop......which I am grateful for.  LOL

Peace.............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Everything pivots on hope. And speaking of hope, is there hope for a pecan pie? <grin>
Patrick

Anonymous said...

Pecans!! that's come round quick :)  ((( hugs to Jack and your Mom )))  hope is the flicker of light that keeps things going, so sending as much hope as I can that all goes well. Rache

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb