Sunday, November 18, 2007

The good times...........

Concentrate on the good things!

A friend came over yesterday and stayed with Mom while Jack and I went shopping at Sam's Club!  A morning out together.

The friend hadn't visited with mom in months and it was a good thing.

The same friend and her husband are harvesting the pecans.  They have taken 5  5gallon buckets of pecans so far from the two trees.  Many have not fallen and it will take a freeze probably for the rest.

I am so grateful that they are picking up the pecans.  Others have asked and in past years they only wanted them if we picked them up first.  So this is really good.  No I didn't want any of this crop.  Mother has a lot of shelled and unshelled pecans in the freezers.

Met a another native........he works at the facility a block away.  He had stopped to check on the pecan pickers! LOL He is their neighbor.  This man was a decendent of slaves and his last name is the name of a large food canning company back east.  His first name is Elvis because he was named by the nurses in the hospital.  '63 was a good year for that name! LOL   In this area, knowing  many people is very important.  In California you seldom knew who lived next door and certainly nothing about them.

I am learning to hang on to the positive things of each day.  A friend and I decided to list the things we were grateful for ...a minimum of 3 each day: (1) the stars we can see.....in the cities and smoggy areas, this isn't possible! (2) Neighbors and friends to wave at, some I don't really know but they wave. (3) The comfort of a purring kitten.

Yes, I am grateful for each day that I have my loved ones with me.  Their health and comfort are my concern constantly.  But we often forget the small things in each day with tweaks our hearts, and brings smiles.

If you are having family for Thanksgiving......hopefully it will be a blessing.  We will just be we three, but the hearts of our girls are with us!  

Blessings on your table.  Those present are blessed to be there and to share the food that loving hands have prepared.  If you are on the road and McDonalds is the fare....then be blessed for that and the cash for gas!

Peace from Marigold Country Home!

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

 I am glad you were able to get out.  It always is good for the soul.   I like the 3 positive things.

         Julie

Anonymous said...

I like the things you are thankful for, it's good to think positive as much as we can! We have a Sams Club and I haven't joined yet...I don't know what i am waiting for...lol  

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving

Hugs
Terri