Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Beginnings...............

I am trying to get pictures from the hiding place to my journal, this is an exciting challenge.  After about a week it will be a frustrating situation! LOL  But I want to do it myself!  You have heard that before!

This has been a good day.  We rejoiced because we think we now have a person who will take one of the properties off of our hands and out of my responsibility basket!  This means we have to clean out a house, find places for clothing and such, get a dealer to come pick up furniture which is probably priceless antiques or attic and basement variety stuff.   Then take care of the transfer.   This is so different than California when even the most insignifigant piece of property has to go through escrow.  Here you exchange $$$$ and record, and the deal I made doesn't include $$$$.  Everyone is happy and no one as delighted  as I am.

We didn't make a pillowcase to hold our money.....oh my,  hope that doesn't bear a bad omen.  We didn't eat blackeyed peas either.   But we did have a guest for our evening meal and bless his heart he always gets a hasty offering.   Slabs of ham,  whole kernal corn,  red beans, fresh cornbread,  yellow cake, and of course iced tea in the dead of winter!

Now does anyone else need a two bedroom home in a small town?  LOL  This one I have to clear an estate that quite a few years old.   What a mess, but I will get it done. 

Well, Peace reigns at Marigold Country Home.  We are warm, dry, full, and contented!

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that strange how "estate" law and escrow is so different between States. Personally I believe it is a conspiracy of lawyers just to get their claws in the action.
Patrick    

Anonymous said...

You throw yourself into things with such gusto, I'm pleased for your news.  Good luck with the house clearing and looking forward to seeing the pictures, I've every faith you'll succeed in that too. Rache