Thursday, January 11, 2007

Winter forcast..............yucky weather!

The forcast of freezing rain and winter mix brings thoughts of hot chocolate, pots of tea,  fresh coffee, newly baked cookies and a good book!

Well, one out of 5 would be good! lol I have spoiled my mother in making pots of tea for her in the evening.  She drinks till the pot is empty and then laments that she drank it all up from me! lol  And I assure her I can make another pot if I want some.  But she is really enjoying this particular new thing.

I baked chocolate chip cookies before breakfast this morning, with lots and lots of chocolate chips and nuts!  Of course I had to make biscuits for mother's request of biscuits and gravy.  In  California, it was cereal or occasionally a roll. This country living is something else.

A teenager I was talking to across the road this afternoon said he was really a "country boy" and he told me about going to his grandfather's house where they had a big hay barn, and all the fun they would have this weekend even tho the forcast is for bad weather.  He was one of the teens I had complimented earlier this year when he made the honor roll.  He said tonight he had made the roll again with "A's".

One of our neighbors has acquired a horse and the whole family is really having fun with their new toy.   In fact the mother said she had to get her schedule better arranged so she could go out and "play" with the horse! lol  She grew up in the east where she had access to opportunities to ride often and she wanted her boys to have the same experiences with a horse.  Just because this is a small country town doesn't mean they have riding opportunities.

I had to make a trip later this afternoon to the next town to pick up a student who stayed for tutoring after school.  Mom was working and dad was on overtime.  This is one of the nice things about this little town.  People take care of each other.

I planted a pot of narcissus and a pot of  blue dutch iris.  Even though the weather is cold and disagreeable I thought it was the right time since spring will be arriving soon.  Also, they had started to sprout!  I dug deep, covered well, and covered with lots of leaves.  Hope they stay warm enough!  I really needed some Steer M. to warm up the soil.  Guess I could have begged some Horse M.  Would the plants know the difference???

You can tell that I am feeling much more positive!  The reason is I have been to town every day this week and one day I went twice!  Yea, it worked wonders to get away even for an hour at a time!

Hubby is having lots of excessive pain and went to Morphine this afternoon.  He always has a reaction, and today I asked how he felt after the morphine.  He said it helped the pain but I had grown to about 6 feet tall.  As long as I was tall and very slim that was ok........anyway it is usual for him to have visual as well as other reactions.

Tonight peace comes to Marigold Country Home and I plan to sleep late tomorrow morning! lol

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do sound brighter, we're having yukky weather too.  I think your bulbs will be ok, they like the brrrr in weather.  Sorry Jack is in pain.  When you've figured your pics out a horse is a wonderful shot to capture :) Rache