Saturday, November 11, 2006

TAXES-VOTING-CLEANING SKILLLETS!! AGAIN!!

Tuesday's subject demonstrates how frustrated I have become!

Warning!

This entry involved WHINING so don't read farther if you can't handle it, but I have no one to really talk to when my day starts like this!  Jack has definite reactions in blood pressure and other things when I get upset so I have to bottle this all up!  Mother gets all weepy if I try to explain that I can't function without sleep and then she goes into the 'I'm Sorry' mode which is worse that any other.  It is also called 'make the daughter feel guilty' mode.

Tuesday's entry:

I can't finish what I start without at least one interuption!  But that I can cope with usually.  But when I go back and see that I have gotten off the track so far without even noticing I really begin to worry!!!!!

Yes, we paid the taxes.  I had to go to the courthouse to check to see if Mother received all the exemptions she was entitled to with the warrent  deeds including me on the titles.  I found out that all was in order and she was able to write the check for the taxes.  Not all the tax bills are in yet, so we will have to go through this again, I am afraid.

Cleaning skillets!   She takes a knife and scrapes and scrapes and it sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard! LOL Yep, she really goes after the skillets and I have stopped her putting the old iron skillets in the dishwasher because they come out rusted and brown with no seasoning  at all.  Iron skillets are unique in their treatment that allows them remain clean but seasoned.

I guess I did cover the voting! 

Yesterday we went to get groceries.  The local stores have fliers in the newspaper and Jack reads everyone and knows where the "bargains" are located.  Since the holidays are coming we decided to stock up on flour and sugar and other baking needs.  I hope I decide to do some holiday baking now!!  Mother could only handle one store.  She really gets tired walking around.

I did some baking for the weekend.  A couple of casseroles and a meatloaf.  Mother asked if we ate meatloaf well?  And I replied that it always disappeared so we must do something with it! LOL But she and I worked in the kitchen together and had fun.  These times are few  now. 

 Example:  I am not at my best at 4 in the morning.  Jack said she had been up since 3.  Yep, we are going out to breakfast, to the cemetery, and then to Sam's Club.  So to do this she must take her bath at 3 so she will be ready.  Then she goes back to bed at 5:30 when she has everyone up and going.  She refused to eat anything............so she will be starved and complaining when service is not instant at the restaurant!

When I don't go to bed  till after 11, 4 comes early and when I find that Jack was awakened at 3 I get real testy!  When everyone is up, the cats are up too and want to be fed and will begin to quarrel if they are not fed! LOL  Then Jack needs a bit of something with his pills, if he is awake his system is ready for medication.  Mother has taken her vitamins, etc., but she refuses food with these. I  have made the coffee and she is ready to have the paper read to her.  Just the obits.  Of course this involved a voice next to shouting.  Not when I am tired and at 4 in the morning!  But I do it and then whine to Jack and YOU! 

One of our friends knew that we had wanted our lawn sprayed for weeds last spring.  But our little town is so far out and no one wants to come this far.  But she had found someone to come to her place and we were only 10 miles farther.  We did get the lawn sprayed at a very good price and we asked him to come back in the spring.  This might get the nut grass and most of the stickers!  I like to go barefoot and the stickers are hard on the feet.........also they stick to the shoes and get in the carpet.

The spraying was scheduled on Friday.....so he came to spray on Thursday!  This is life in Country USA.  If the mood hits then do what you planned, even if it has been pre-scheduled at another time! However, it worked well for us and hopefully for the other parties.

I had managed to mow the worst parts of the lawn on Wednesday evening.   I still wanted to finish before the mowing.  But now I have an excuse to wait another few days!  Remember our lawn is huge as is most everyone's in a small town like this.  I don't have  a riding mower but that might be a good investment in the future.  Right now it is time to be alone and think while I am getting exercise walking around the yard.

It is now 6:30, I have been able to finish this with only a couple of interuptions, and since I have already been reminded by Mother to take water for her, the flowers, the camera, etc., I need to get up, get dressed, get Jack ready, and then watch the sunrise.  The rest of the day will take care of itself.  And I was able to go through the stored boxes and find Jack's AMERICAN LEGION cap which he wanted for today.  See I can be all things to all people!

Jack keeps reminding me that only today, this hour, these few minutes, are really important.  Do not move ahead and worry or borrow trouble.  I keep trying.  I have to stay well.

PEACE at Marygold House...and HAPPY VET'S DAY.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good grief your days are like whirlwinds sometimes, am in awe how you manage.  (((Moan all you want, that's what mates are here for)))  I've just realised by reading your entry I scrubbed someones iron skillet (frying pan to us) ooooops, didn't know they were best kept seasoned :)

You have a peaceful weekend too. Rache