Tuesday, August 21, 2007

There is always a new day..........................

Yesterday morning I rushed to the doctor's office to get Jack a prescription for the infection.........and the office was closed and would be till Friday.

Over the weekend I had looked over some prescription bottles that I had saved and found a Cipro prescription from February with a refill?  How I had overlooked this in February I don't know but I must have noticed to have saved this bottle.   Anyway I took it to pharmacy and it was a good refill............

Now this is small town America the last frontier........and the pharmacist said that if i had found this prescription refill on Saturday night or Sunday he would have gone to the pharmacy and filled it for me.   I laughed later when I paid out that I could not have called because I didn't recall his last name..........she immediately wrote the name and number and gave it to me and told me not to hesitate if I needed help.

What a beautiful promise of help that was.......I have often repeated in this journal my amazement at the caring that comes from small town America. 

I also found on the door on Sunday afternoon a note from the pastor of the church where I take Mother.   It seems that in the middle of the service she looked up where we usually sit (right in front actually) and asked, "Where are they?"  

  When she came by she read the note:  Very bad pain day, if you do not have an appointment, please do not disturb.   This is now a permanent note that discourages uninvited visitors on days when we just cannot handle anymore.  And thank goodness she didn't  knock because we were all asleep!

Today Jack's wound care therapist will be by today to take careof his leg.  This helps take some of the  responsibility of  this leg.  The doctor started this last year and we had good results.  It actually was healed for several months.  I guess I am always amazed that when I sign the request,etc., the interviewer always says there is no charge to you for this service.  With the excellent sup. insurance and medicare, we are fairly well covered.

The sun hasn't come up but there is the promise of a beautiful day at Marigold Country Home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your local pharmacist sounds like an extraordinary person. When the juggernaut of our US healthcare industry can be reduced to individual people who actually care about their neighbors, wow does it look different.
Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

Anonymous said...

its always nice to know the pharmacist:) have a good hump day

Deb