Monday, October 2, 2006

Sometimes I wonder where the days go

Did a little extra cooking today and took dinner to a family across town who have a very ill family member.  This is the nice thing about small towns.  You know your neighbors and sometimes you can made a little difference.

Didn't accomplish much today but am learning it isn't necessary to  build Rome in a day!

We ordered Jack a new dual motor electric lift chair last Thursday.  His has been fritzy a couple of times in the last 10 days.  It is time for a new one, and then he can have a chair and a spare!  This will make three but that doesn't seem to be a problem.  I can have one to sleep in! lol

It is warm again and we would like the return of the cool days and nights.  But will have to wait I guess till Mother Nature gets in the mood!

The tech to install my new  computer will be here tonight or  one night this week.  I am anxious for a computer that is reliable.  Like the chair we know that it is time to replace the communication tools.   I thought that the computer would be a great thing for Jack to enjoy also but it bothers his eyes and especially the games quickly makes him uncomfortable.

Entertainment here is limited: highschool ballgames seem to be the number one event here but you have to drive a hour and a half usually to see a game away from home.  The parents  seem to be very supportive and go to most of the games.

I am looking forward to Trick or Treat----hope we have some wee visitors.

Peace in the country and especially small towns.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even when we moved her I was stunned at the popularity of Friday night high school football.  Patti and I have gone because accessible seating is unbelieveably great! Unlike a college or pro stadium you are not forced off into the most undesireable section, but accessible section is right on the 50 yard line. Best football seats I've ever had!
Patrick