Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

Holidays are sometimes traumatic. I purchased a rather expensive men's Cologne for Jack for Father's Day. Well, we have had some things "walk", usually small things like room spray,etc. Sometimes his glasses disappear but seem to reappear with a little searching in nearby rooms or "walkers" pockets.
This time all the searching and questioning seem to turn up nothing. I happened to have the receipt because the store told me to return it if the scent was not agreeable to Jack. He is very sensitive to odors.
After an investigation they said they would give me a check for the item. I told them to forget it, things like this could happen with lots of visitors, etc. But they insist that is Jack's home and to take things from his home is definitely wrong.
I think they have some suspicions about the disappearance.
But otherwise the day was fairly nice........roast pork which neither of us like.........but I had a salad for Jack and we shared the vegetables on his plate....and I had made a cheese cake for him. We faired very well!

The symptoms are becoming more pronounced. Jack is very agitated, easily brought to tears. He has threatened the staff because they are not being good to him. His threats are to turn them in....to whom? Or into frogs? lol Anyway they seem to understand this is the disease.
His eating habits are really getting messy and he gets really upset about the food being wrong for his diet. Which is heart healthy. There are some mistakes but for the most part quite acceptable. Just not to him!
He keeps commenting "he is afraid". He can't tell what he is afraid of or afraid of what.......but I think he is feeling the loss of control of his life. Yes, that is very frightening!

Blessings for the day to all!

1 comment:

The Black Winged Angel said...

Hi... I salute you for being a good wife to your husband. A one of a kind...
I am also a caregiver and I know more or less what your husband is suffering.
May God Bless you more...