Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I did make the right decision

YES,

I made the right decision  when I put mom in the nursing facility. After yesterday at the emergency room for hours and hours, I knew I had done the right thing .  Blood clots in both legs was a painful and dangerous condition and after the trip to the emergency room I felt the nursing home was doing a good job.

Today they called to tell me they had started therapy and she had eaten a good lunch.  And I decided on my own that she had had a hard day on Monday and so had I so we both rested at our respective homes.

I was also informed that my reactions to the nursing home care was normal and correct and not to worry! LOL  At home I felt tired and unable to start any projects or carry out regular activities....... this was also normal.

So SUPER WOMAN is normal and everything is fine!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you are doing better and so is mom it seems:) have a good weekend its hot here

Deb

Anonymous said...

"At home I felt tired and unable to start any projects or carry out regular activities....... this was also normal." ... Absolutely! I felt a hollowness yet Patti on the other hand never looked back.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick