Thursday, May 15, 2008

There is evening and then the dawn.........

There is morning then evening.............after that the dawn.

Today Jack could not stand this one room of our existence another minute!  We took Mom and went out...........just out!  I was the driver so could decide just what we would do.

We left about 11:30 and drove about 20 minutes to a small town Whistle Stop Cafe.  We ordered lunch and Mom had biscuits and gravy and of course Ensure! lol  We had not been out for  a meal in a long time but it went fairly well.  Even though I took her wheel chair I let Mom walk the distance to the restaurant and back to the car. 

Mom needed the fresh air and the wind in her face.  She also needed the exercise.  I knew she would be tired but a nap would take care of that.  Jack needed the same things but the change of  environment was a biggie for him.

After lunch I said I wanted to drive  around this small town and we drove up and down the streets seeing how it compared to our town. We laughed that every house had at least 3 junk cars and as many dogs.

We then checked out the local cemetery and enjoyed reading the unusual Indian names.  Jack and I have always loved cemeteries since our days of doing genealogy research.

As soon as we got home Mom went in and took her rest.  Jack and I both put our feet up and talked about our outing.  Sometimes the simplest things can turn out well.

Yesterday, I had to call the paramedics to help Mom up.  She had fallen and I was not able to help her get up.  I also wanted her checked out to be sure she was not injured.  This occurred while I had gone to the post office to get the mail...Mom kept saying Jack had helped her so much........actually being there with her was what helped.  You can't imagine Jack helping her up from his power chair.

A couple of teens came by tonight asking for a kitty.  I let them pick out one of the babies with the promise that they would bring it back if it didn't work out.  This one was eating dry kibble with the big kitties today so I am sure it will be fine.   Mommie cat might wonder where this baby wandered off.  It is hard for me to part with them and wonder if they will be well cared for.

Tonight Peace reigns at Marigold Country Home.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

........it's just nice to see something other than four walls.  It is a breath of fresh air as you say. Rache

Anonymous said...

just getting out and seeing something new is fun:) hope all is well with you

Deb