Thursday, February 7, 2008

WHY DO WE NEED TO BE SO STRONG?

I very blatantly told someone that challenges make us stronger............and I am resenting all this weight lifting!

Some weeks ago mother finally let us see the abscess on her right breast.  The nurses took a pic and took it to her primary doctor.  He knew how she hated to see doctors so he came to her and told her it was cancer.   He got her to promise to go to a surgeon he would recommend and do what she said.......so Mom has surgery on Monday.   We have done the pre op this week.  Some parts twice because the tech messed up, but this part is over. 

Jack's daughter will come on Sunday to stay with him while I am with Mother for the surgery.  My daughter decided to come stay with me so I would not be alone while waiting.  So it is really the family rallying around which is a good feeling, not for the cause but 'because'.

I feel that Mom is quite strong and if anyone can beat this she can.  However, she is discouraged and tired.  She told her aide today that she wished she was not here.....and I am not sure what she meant in that she isn't always able to express herself well to others.  I think she meant she wished she was not in this place in time and circumstance.  

And so........a sort of Peace reigns at Marigold Country Home. 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

will add your Mom to my prayers:) also you and Jack and the daughters too:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Am thinking of you all (((( )))) Rache

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this news...
Keeping your mom in my prayers..

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Sue, you better than anyone know that caregivers are not clairvoyant. Yet in my experiences dealing with Patti's cognitively impaired communication it is best not to read too much into a remark. I would agree with you that your Mom most likely simply does not want to "be" in the swirling and confusing vortex of such medical concern.

That your family is rallying around is truly a gift and makes you stronger than any challenge.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Caregivingly Yours,
Patrick
http://lairofcachalot.blogspot.com/