Friday, February 29, 2008

What other homes would consider this just an ordinary day.....it becomes something else to a home where the caregiver is "always the responsible one."

This morning started early but soon settled down to a regular routine.  I decided to get in about an hour of income tax work so started on that.

Mom had been up and went back to bed, then got up and wanted to go back to bed but I insisted on getting her bathed and dressed.  We never know when the therapist will call.   It is about 10 am.  No calls, no information about aide, nurse, or jack's nurse.   So I decided to run to Frederick and pick up Jack's prescription.

I went to the garage to get the car out and discovered water all over the the garage floor.  I look in the hot water closet and decided to call the plumber.  Now this is the last frontier and sometimes you can get a plumber today, this week, or even this month!  But I was in luck and the plumber said they would be up in a few minutes.  The plumber lives 10 miles away.

The door bells rings and I rush to the door and say so I am so glad you are here.......whoops not the plumber but the county surveyers who are on a roll, measuring every building in town and in fact the county.  Well, I had mother's nurse arrive right then and I was occupied with her and how mother's bed sores on her bottom would be treatedd.

I saw the men outside later and walked out to see what was happening and a long visit insued about where we all went to school and who we knew.  I was told that a friend of mine ( who cleans for me once a week) and I were the friendliest people in town.  Why? We were the only ones who had talked to the surveyers and had actually made an effort to do so...The men were picking up pecans and eating them so I took them baggies and let them fill them with already shelled pecans. 

After they left I decided to try for the prescription and went to Frederick picked up Mex food and the prescription.  We managed to eat some and I was trying to feed mom and heard Jack say come on in......... it was a man from the church that had stopped by to see about us.  He had never been in our house since we were there.   He was also a talker and while he was talking the plumbers actually came.......before 3 the new hot water heater was installed and paid for! LOL.....As soon as he left Jack's nurse arrived and worked on his leg wound and when she left I sat down!

I had just  come back from across the street to see the new painting they were putting up in the church and decided to feed the felines.

The therapist called at 4 and he is with Mom at his time......if I counted right that was at least 8 people at the house today and the aide never showed or called......wonder if that means that service has been dropped also?   Besides that she was bring 20 dollars worth of cat food.......oh well!

Peace of a sort at Marigold Country Home!

 

No comments: