Monday, January 21, 2008

MONDAY'S MOMENTS

COLD!  We had someone leave a tiny yellow kitten in our yard about three or four weeks ago.  She seemed to get along well then grew weak....she was wild and I couldn't get too close for awhile.  I stroked her a few time while she was eating but she became thin and finally I picked her up a couple of times and gradually I could pick her up anytime.  Jack's daughter helped to tame her and after she left I brought her in to feed her.........seeing she didn't have the strength to eat with the others.   We felt that the sneezing little ball of fur had a really bad cold or worse.  Etc.....Now the little "Goldie" is getting along quite well, in fact she spend the nights in our bathroom but has learned to open the door and come wake us up to play.  When this bitter cold weather is over she goes out with the others for the night.  She spends the sunny warmer part of the day with her buddies.   She goes to the door to get out but seems happy to come in when it cools off in the evenings.

I had the bathroom door (a pocket door) wedged shut with a washcloth and that didn't work.  She pulled that one out and two others that I fixed quite well.  Must buy a door wedge for tonight.  She sleeps on a warmed "cornie bag" warmed in the microwave because the bathroom is cold.......now is this spoiling her?

PEACE at Marigold Country Home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol thank you for taking care of Gods creatures:) enjoy your week

Deb

Anonymous said...

awwww Goldie seems the type that has that extra special something about them :)  I hope Jack and your Mum are ok. Rache

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! A cat's life can almost make you jealous. I hope you and ALL of yours are hanging in there. Happy Groundhog's Day from Pennsylvania!
Patrick
http://lairofcachalot.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

you have been on my mind, hope all is ok

Deb