Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A summer thunder and lightening display passed through and left a bit of rain. 

The kittens were not sure if the raindrops were for play or not..........but after they were thoroughly soaked, they retreated to shelter.

Mom was frightened and went to the garage and brought in the cat, saying the cat was frightened, too.   When the storm passed, the cat went back to the garage, and mom to bed hopefully convienced that it was not time to get up! (9pm)

And here am I sitting thinking about the changes in the last two years.  Mom's physical and mental decline, Jack's heart attack, my several broken bones (toe,foot,and ribs) and wondering  at the changes coming so rapidly.

How could I have survived all the changes in moving, changing doctors, emergency rooms, and trying to create a place for Jack and I.  It has only been possible because of friends, we have no relatives here.  My daughter is in contact with me daily and her support and encouragment have been beyond price.  I am grateful for each day that ends peacefully. 

 And that peace has to come from within me.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen:)

Deb