Wednesday, September 1, 2010

loneliness

The nights are long........the days sometimes are even longer. I spend a lot of time at the nursing facility where Jack now lives, but it still doesn't fill the empty void at our home.

The responsibilities of the house and the community felines just doesn't fill the hours well enough. I need a hobby that totally comsumes my attention..........

I have painted but have no interest there anymore.

I took some linedancing classes but my feet have had so many fractures since I have been in Oklahoma that they just would not hold up to the "beat"!

I read a lot but even that sometimes reaches a limit.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Sue said...

what about volunteering at a school? after school program? tutoring? So kind of crafty class? Learn how to cook Italian/Chinese/etc? Good Luck
Sue

Unknown said...

Haven't figured it out for myself! Decades of home caregiving necessitates such focus that the care facility era is not just about alone but loosing your 24/7 job.