Saturday, August 28, 2010

The phone rang at 3:45 am

The nursing home called...........Jack had a fall, but he was alright. He is one of the many patients that have a star on their wheel chairs or power chairs because they tend to fall. He had trouble sleeping and had been to the nurses' desk.........back to his room and from his power chair to his lift chair he lost his footing.

I have learned to listen to the nurses and if they say he is alright I take their word for it and he had not called me so I didn't go to the facility. Although I didn't go back to sleep. Later he complained of this hand hurting and today mobile x-ray came out to check out the hand.....all seems to be ok.

Don't we all sleep with one ear for the phone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Either one sleepy ear awakening to the phone or one sleepy ear awakening to a fall, hard to know which is better or worse. Now on the other hand all the mobile testing equipment never ceases to impress me in contrast to trying to scramble and transport to get something checked out.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick