Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cold Front

We have enjoyed such beautiful spring weather and now we have a bit of winter again. Still no rain. We are so desperate for some of that wet stuff.

The cold wind is blowing and I am by myself except for my 2 feline friends. One of our household went out Saturday morning and did not return and as well as he enjoy good food he must have met with foul play. We miss Herkie our youngest feline member. There are lots of playmates for him in Kitty Heaven.

Jack has had his touch of the flu bug... as I did since we have been at the nursing facility. It is almost impossible to miss it with so many sick. If we didn't get it there we certainly picked it up at a doctor's office. LOL This morning I had quite a job waiting for me when I arrived at the home. A good bath and took everything to the laundry to clean every blanket or pillow in the room.

We are not going to the wound clinic this week. The nurses at the home will change his dressings on the legs. Next week we will take a ride along with us to the clinic. I want to go to get the car tuned up tomorrow if possible and get Jack's phone checked. It keeps talking about the voice mail box not activitied and hangs up! LOL Jack is missing some calls.

This is such a change in my life. It is taking awhile to adjust just as it is taking Jack time to adjust. Both of us are learning to take one day at a time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In the beginning, it felt like walking through mud for me or learning to walk again.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/