Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Caregiving never ceases

In the last 5 days I have been home only to sleep or feed the animals. Hope this evens out because I am really getting behind on so many things. For the first time I have lost a bill and have no idea where this has gone.. It is like the sox in the dryer. No clues!

Yesterday I had the car serviced...the first time since August. This has been my life for the last 6 months. I purchased Jack a cell phone and found that it works great but we have to figure out how to answer it... at least he didn't answer it last night! More inservice. Jack has never used a cell phone. I have always done this.

We went to Lawton and signed the guest book for a neighbor's grandmother. Won't even be able to go to the funeral. We are taking( at least that is our plan) Jack to the wound clinic. With both of us maybe we can do this. We have to find out what happens if we can't get him to those appointments until he is stronger.

I have done the bathing and pouch changing during the last 5 days. Until there is an inservice this is being done by me and in an emergency by a nurse only who is supposed to know how. The aides have pleaded no knowledge. Why not if you can get away with it! lol It has been fine with us but when I am not there... they will be in charge.

Jack's daughter has been here to stay with him during the days and that has been a big help in the transition. It will be really lonesome when she goes but he will have lots of people around him. Everyone has been great and so helpful. So far...so good. Jack's daughter is ok with where he is... that means a great deal also.

Well the day started at 4 so guess I am awake by now...have a pleasant day.

No comments: