Friday, January 4, 2008

A really fun week

Mom has been so much better and I had a couple of days without the aide.  It worked fine and I realized how much progress Mom had made with the help of the aide getting her to talk and participate in things.

Today is Jack's birthday and he is expecting his daughter at the airport this afternoon.  This will be her first visit in the time we have been here and even before we left California.  She has been a caregiver for her mom off and on and she needs the time to recoop, also.

Having guests isn't easy with a person in the household who needs assistance, much less  two.  Family members are more understanding I hope.  The most difficult time I am having is meal preparation.  Mom likes certain things, the aide is a very picky eater, Jack has a restrictive diet, and I eat usually on the run.  Hope Jack's daughter will fit in one of the above catagories.

Caregivers out there.......how do you manage sleep?  When I can ~I can't and when I can't ~I am so sleepy that it is difficult to function.   I can't take a sleep help of any kind because I might be needed in the night.  I try to nap during the day but usually it is difficult in a busy household.  HELP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your visit and Happy Birthday to Jack:)

Deb