Sunday, December 16, 2007

Something you have always wanted?

Ever since mother has had an aide to do her nails, hair, etc., she has asked for red nail polish.  I really thought she was joking but she wasn't. I purchased several shades of pink from light to dark finally, I bought the reddest polish I could find and she loves it!  She has talked about her nails and shown everyone.  Something so small made her so happy.

Sometimes I suppose we don't listen well.  We decide what would make people happy at Christmas and other times.  We received a card this week with a thank-you note inside.  I had sent a Thanksgiving card to a young man who has several handicaps one being his mental age.  To see this young man who actually is in his 40's I guess, you would never guess his ability level.  But his mom had said he enjoyed the card and carried it all day, to the table at meals and to bed that night.  I understand her delight, when you see someone you love happy over something you are delighted and thankful for that enjoyment.  Knowing how much Mom enjoyed the red nail enamel made me think about listening more closely.

Happy a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great entry:) Merry Christmas

Deb

Anonymous said...

awww :) I can imagine how proud she is of her new nails, and it just shows how something small can be the whole world to a person, your card is treasured in the same way.  A Merry Christmas to you all too :) Rache