Monday, August 23, 2010

When the phone rings..............

Is it just me... or does everyone who is a caregiver, or has someone in a nursing facility or hospital, just always think the worst?

I still feel like a caregiver because I am constantly monitoring my husband's progress, changes in behavior, reactions to medication, and general well-being.

Sometimes he calls ( and gratefully he can still use the cell phone) and he is just not himself and the next time he is jolly and full of a funny story. Today I just have one of those feelings that things are just not right but can't put a finger on it.

Maybe because it is a full moon and the hottest day we have had this year.........when the heat indext is 112 degrees you just feel different. However, I just wonder how he really is medically. Even doctors don't always understand how a disease progresses in each person.

When the phone rings I always just want to expect a positive call, perhaps that is always the best attitude.

GOODNESS IT IS HOT!

No comments: