Saturday, February 14, 2009

St.Valentine's Day

This morning the to do list is long!
The first problem was giving the cat her capsule. Yesterday a neighbor insisted she could do it, but Goldie did not want that thing in her mouth!

This morning I had a capsule/pill thing that would work, hee hee was not designed for Goldie. Since he is better he can reject that capsule with more strength. Well, it took an expensive packet of tuna ,but Goldie ate all of her portion with medicine out of the capsule... and the others thought this was a real valentine treat!

There is a Valentine Dinner tonight that I have to cook for: 2 side dishes and dessert. Prescriptions from a nearby town and time to rest I hope. Didn't sleep very well last night. Some nights are better than others. We caregivers also always have lots of laundry!

If you know of a substitute for a telephone please advise. I want something that only lets those that I want to talk to get through...but to read my mind so to speak and decide which someones I want to talk to that day~ Today I have already had phone calls about people who want to come visit....yea! they called before they came.... more about the dinner tonight at the church...pepole asking me questions like why is the storm siren going off today, I had not heard it, called someone who is probably the one to ring it... don't know what those people heard but it wasn't the storm whistle! Guess the severe storms we have had... they are getting nervous and hearing things! Information about people in the hospital...etc. STOP PLEASE! I have work to do!

Busy weekend.. have a happy one!

2 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

They have something you can either get from you vet or pet store called pill pockets. It's a cat treat with a pouch in the middle for a pill. It works wonder with the cats around here, even the outdoor strays who are usually more cautious.

I'm one of those people who can't stand someone calling with alot of inane stuff either. Maybe if you had an answering machine, you could quickly go through the calls and only return those you want. (Hugs)Indigo

Unknown said...

I believe I have tried everything over the years to give a cat a pill. Hand to claw combat has been the only way I have succeeded.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/