Thursday, February 12, 2009

All in a day's headache!

After calling three calls to the company Jack's prescription insurance decided to recognise him! Of course there was no problem in January but in February he was an unknown! Well, we become agressive phoners when there isn't any response! Again is this my job to keep these big companies on their toes?

My first cup of coffee and my computer mail hit me hard! A dear cousin of mine and niece of my mother's passed away this week. She was a very special person and we will all miss her. It has been four months but I had a lot of grief still stored up in me. Mom and I would have shared coffee and thoughts of her together.

Then I decided to take Goldie to the vet. He is the most affectionate of our house felines and has moped around and not eaten for a couple of days. Doctor found a probable infection and administered shot and antibiotics and an amazing amount of love and cuddling. And someone is always telling me to go to a cheaper vet. Well that is like taking your kids to a doctor that they don't like. Goldie is still moping but had some chicken broth and milk. Isn't chicken soup supposed to cure everything?

The wound clinic called and want Jack to have a complete battery of blood tests.......so at the crack of dawn we will head for the hospital and then out to breakfast at the 'CRACKER BARREL'. Haven't been there in years...but Jack wants to look at a large rocking chair. They display lots of rocking chairs on the porch of the restaurant.

Well, the day draws to a close.......heat goes on.............doors close and the world rests, sometimes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For whatever reason EVERY year in late January or early February I have to waste too much time fighting with Patti's insurance.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/