Thursday, December 11, 2008

It is the season for remembering..........

This will be a quiet Christmas for us. We will be alone but that isn't new to us. Our girls are in California and they were here in October.

It will be lonely because Mom isn't with us anymore and I do miss her the way she used to be during the holidays. We always did so many things for others and I want to continue that tradition but not so much this year.

I haven't started cards yet......... I hate to write over and over that we lost Mom this year, and Jack isn't doing as well, we miss our girls, and I don't have enough hours in the day still. But perhaps I can say all of that in a more positive way. It is the season for remembering all the good times and memories that we have made. And hoping to not only make new memories but to dream of good things to come.

May your holiday be joyful, full of fun, and overflowing with friends and family memories. Hug each other...share a memory...and remember the reason for the season.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Holidays can make for sad times, I hope you can find some fun for you and Jack. The holiday stuff is kind of overwhelming when added in with the daily caregiving chores. Maybe you can make time to do something that you and your mom did together? To do in her honor, wouldn't she want you to still enjoy those things? I hope you and Jack have a good Christmas.