Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A quiet night.........

Monday night the power went off again.  No storm or wind problems so we expected it to come on quickly.  Eight hours later it did.

We had not used the generator yet and I didn't know just how to operate it. The neighbor who set it up lives in the country and didn't have the power failure so I didn't want to disturb them since they have early morning obligations as well.

When it finally got so hot that Jack began to have pain we  pulled out the van and  drove around the country side, to a neighboring town with lots of lights, and just around town.  The wind finally seemed to start a breeze so we came back to the house.  But being Oklahoma weather the breeze disappeared so with a wet towel and a big old fashioned  hand held fan we made it till the breeze finally came back with cooling temps.

With only two hours sleep Tuesday was slow starting and slow all day.   Nurse came at noon and the rest of the day was nap time..LOL  Last night was a quiet night thank goodness with more rest...which I am craving a lot of lately.   Friends say this is part of the recovery time, that I was more exhausted that I realized.   Went to see Mom and she was napping so I decided that was the best idea.  

It is so hot and dry here that the flowers are toasted. The water bill was outragious so am cutting back. 

Peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, In the month or more immediately after Patti was admitted to 24/7 care after 15 years of homecare, I was so tired and slept so much I thought maybe there was something wrong with me. A physical gave me a clean bill of health.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://journals.aol.com/daddyleer/CaregivinglyYours/

Anonymous said...

hope you all are ok:) sleep is a good thing:) its been hot here too

Deb